The Sisters of the Holy Sacrament and Our Lady (the Sacramentines)
are an order devoted to the perpetual adoration of the Holy Sacrament.
The order was founded in Marseille in 1659 by a Dominican priest, Father Lequieu, who became Brother Antoine of the Holy Sacrament.
After the French Revolution, the sisters opened two new monasteries in Aix-en-Provence (1806) and Avignon (1807).
Three further monasteries were opened in Belgium (1902), the United States (1912) and Céreste in Alpes-de-Hautes-Provence (1981).